Military and Veteran Students
You can qualify for military or veteran student status if you are eligible for one of the following programs:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill - Chapter 33
- Transfer of Post 9/11 GI Bill - Benefits to Dependents (TEB)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (MGIB) - Chapter 30
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) - 1606
- Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP) - 1607
- Post 9/11 GI Bill: Marine Gunnery Segeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) - Chapter 31
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) - Chapter 35
- Tuition Assistance (TA) Program
Veterans will receive four credit hours of elective credit for submission of a DD214. In addition, after submitting an AARTS, SMART, CCAF or CGI military transcript, up to 12 additional credit hours can be awarded for service.
For more information about or to determine your eligibility for these programs, check out the Office of Military and Veterans Academic Excellence or contact us at 313-577-9180.